Vertech has experience operating on LNG plants in both the Greenfield and Brownfield phases. One such Greenfield example has been through Vertech’s involvement in the construction phase at Chevron’s Gorgon Project. Our initial mobilisation was for a three-man team to conduct specialist quarantine works using rope access techniques.
It quickly became evident to the client the extent of the efficiencies and safety improvements Vertech could bring to this market sector. Subsequently, we were asked to deploy a multi-discipline rope access team (mechanical, welding and rigging) which were benchmarked against more typical access and implementation methods. This led to an unprecedented increase in scope and manpower requirements and at the height of the construction phase Vertech had over 100 multi-disciplined tradesmen supporting the site.
Vertech are proud to have driven innovation and positive change to the traditional manning and implementation model in LNG construction. The performance of our people over a three and a half year period has led to us working on every LNG construction project in Australia in addition to being invited to work on a major construction project in the USA. Our scope of services on this project were as follows:
- Construction & Commissioning mechanical and inspection teams supplied
- Shipping steel removal from modules, PAR’s and PAU’s
- Preservation Scope of Works being completed
- Welding services in GTG stacks
- Mechanical fitting and pipe alignment
- QA/QC on process flange interfaces. Re-facing and gasket replacement where required
- Snoop and leak testing on drains and vents
- Touch up coatings, electrical, inspection (NDT, Coatings, DROPS), carry over works, and punch list items